* Headlines for Thursday, September 20th, 2001
Run time 119:00Producer Democracy Now!Audio/Visual sound, colorLanguage en
* US Pressures Japan to Change Its Pacifist Constitution to Support Military Action Againstafghanistan
* Bush Administration Presses for Authority to Detain Immigrants Indefinitely and Deport Themwithout Hearing
* Days Before the Bombing, the U.S. Pulled Out of the U.N. Conference Against Racism: Aninterview with the Speaker of the South African Assembly On the South African Reaction to the Attacksand the Bush Administration's Drumbeat to War
* As the U.S. Sends Aircraft and Troops to the Middle East, An Interview with Ambassador Farhadi, Afghanistan's Permanent Representative to the U.N.
* A High Ranking Palestinian Official Who Once Engaged in Hijacking Condemns the Attack On Newyork and Washington, Describes Israel's Crackdown On the Occupied Territories in the Aftermath